The following guide will help us how to do a Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement. The Toyota Prius includes two batteries inside, the small battery and the large battery. We use a large 200-volt battery to drive the vehicle in the electrical drive. And the one with a small 12-volt battery we use it to run the accessories like lights, radio, etc.
Unlike many vehicle, this battery isn’t a really straightforward thing the install or change. Regardless, it isn’t especially difficult so long as you know exactly about the Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement. We should know where it is and what has to be done in order to provide access to it.
The Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement job is well within the capacities of the ordinary homeowner. It shouldn’t require an excessive amount of time to achieve. The change over revealed in the photographs was completed in about a half of an hour. It may do by somebody quite experienced in working on cars but that hadn’t completed a Prius battery shift.
Like every EV battery, the person at the Prius will work out. It’s normally great for about 5 to 6 decades but may last longer. An average battery may also negatively influence the gas mileage. So that your Prius will get since the automobile will always try to control it back to complete. And standing but the battery only will not take a complete cost any more.
That requires gas which may be moving into moving the EV. But is rather going to some futile effort to control a battery that’s partly dead. We advocate changing the battery in Toyotas each four decades. While some batteries last more, many batteries start breaking down chemically following four decades. It means that you might experience dimmer headlights as well as other unwanted effects. Off course until you’ve got a dead battery on your Prius which you want to make a Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement.
Photo Credit: Elsalvadorla.org
Making a Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement entails eliminating the terminals. If you reconnect the springs, then your radio presets are inclined to be eliminated out. In certain Prius, you might have to re-enter a security code to receive your radio to operate again. Assess for this code on your owner’s guide. It will generally be either a sticker or little card from the booklet.
If you can not locate it, then call Toyota and they’ll provide you the code at no cost. The transmission “learns” how you drive for over time and makes adjustments in many Toyotas. So you may experience altered driving dynamics as your car re-learns your driving style after do the Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement.
What does it cost to replace the 12V battery of a Prius?
We can find the lowest cost if remain away from your Toyota dealer and search to get the new 12V battery at a couple of local auto parts shops.
The EV parts shops can provide almost too good to be true warranties on components like batteries. The reason is that they understand the massive majority of their clients. They know the client will probably trade a vehicle five or even six years old before it requires another brand new 12V battery. The guarantee is for the initial buyer, you visit. A Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement guarantee doesn’t move to the new owner.
We operate on my own vehicles, trucks, and cars, and also purchase them used and push them for ten decades or longer.
We know one older man who has had his whole exhaust system replaced below a life. It so long as you have the Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement guarantee three times in roughly forty decades. He intends on driving the identical car until he dies and has been driving it fifty years already. The question today is who gives up first, does he die old driving that car. Or does the firm who justified the motor to rear bumper exhaust system provided that he possesses it go out of business first?
Some men and women that aren’t entirely meticulous will take justified parts. Something like shock absorbers from an older car that breaks down prior to being worth mending. And also swap them in on a new pair under the guarantee about the Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement. The shop generally does not have any means of assessing lots of justified parts. So they simply give out the newest ones.
Toyota Prius 12V Battery Replacement Steps
There is two step to do the Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement jobs. Remove the old 12V battery and Install the new 12V battery. Let’s do the Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement step by step.
Removing The New Toyota Prius 12 Volt Battery
- Push on the place indicated by the blue arrow and take out the fuse box cover.
- Flip up the favorable cover on the fuse block. Then circled in red will be the 12v positive accessibility place for leaping. Circled in white is your strut bolt that may be utilized for the damaging bottom stage.
- Hook up the aux 12v power supply. So that you don’t need to initialize systems. Then loose all of your preferences. Connect the jumper cables up in the sequence displayed in the pic.
- Eliminate the two 12mm bolts circled in red on the ground. Also the one 10mm bolt circled in red on the top of this brake control electricity assy.
- Next push on the release tab on the connector circled in blue. Then disconnect the connector and then get rid of the brake control electricity assy.
- Simply loosen it and then wiggle off the clamp of the 12V battery pole, circled in red. When the negative lead is eliminated cover the alloy somehow so that you don’t inadvertently short out anything.
- Use a tiny flat screwdriver to remove the 3 claws and then slip the favorable cover off. If you begin with the claw nearest to you personally the others type of wiggle off with just a bit of assistance from your mind.
- Use a tiny flat screwdriver to push down the tab on every connector circled in red and then disconnect them. Now you can pull the whole wire harness from the way of the black port duct. Notice when reinstalling, I simply tightened the silver bolt by hand since it moves to a plastic holder which might easily strip.
- Use a 10mm socket to remove the 3 bolts circled in red. The bolt to the 12V battery pole only has to be loosened. Now the clamp onto the 12V battery pole will probably still be tight. But at this stage you will need to wiggle the whole hold down clamp off and up.
- The black grip down clamp is connected to the positive clamp. Just do not pull on the fuse block. Twist the 12V battery port hose and then pull it all out.
- Now, just remove the 12V battery comes out following the left curve of the black battery bracket.
Installing the New Toyota Prius 12 Volt Battery
- Installation of this new 12V battery is a change of the measures already taken.
- Install the negative terminal cable onto the brand new battery. Make sure it’s pointed in exactly the exact same way as it had been on the old battery.
- Put the new 12V battery to the ground cavity, together with all the positive terminal towards the front part of the vehicle.
- Just close the nut and bolt. Excess tightening can do nothing but bend the pub and can, if thickly over-tightened, crack the 12V battery.
- Twist the positive terminal meeting, being careful not to twist the cables in the place that they were at originally.
- Replace the port tube by pressing it in the hole at the face of the 12V battery.
- Bolt and Replace the cooling vent for the primary battery pack.
- Replace brake control, bolting it all 3 places.
There is a guide how to do a Toyota Prius 12V battery replacement. Hope it can help and please share it so it can help another too.